Midnight Hub is looking for an art intern! If you’re more interested in applying for the programming intern position instead, click here to read all about it!
Are you an aspiring junior 3D artist with a passion for creating beautiful worlds, probably closing in on your final year at a higher video games education? Are you positive, driven and love to learn new things? Open for collaborative work, tackling new problems and working outside your comfort zone? Do you also possess a deep love for storytelling, speak Swedish and want to create original games and original artwork?
Right now we’re looking for someone like you to join our team as an intern! The position will be available this summer, starting in June/July 2016, lasting until April/May of 2017. Our explicit goal is to make you a permanent member of the team!
What We’re Offering You
A full time internship (work pace 100%) at Midnight Hub, starting June or July of 2016 lasting until April or May 2017. We’ll most likely want to hire you directly when your internship is over, meaning no later than in May 2017.
You’ll be part of developing Midnight Hub’s very first game, the story driven horror game Lake Ridden. As an intern at Midnight Hub we’re offering you:
- Dedicated mentors who have previously worked at Mojang, Paradox and Tarsier will devote a lot of time and effort to help you grow and develop!
- As a part of our team, you will have a lot of input on our games and will be offered various responsibilities.
- A modest salary during the summer of 2016.
- A tight team of very experienced developers already hard at work with the game.
- A stellar opportunity to tie your exam project/LIA into a real life game project.
- A real shot at getting hired after the internship is over!
- Gaming Fridays with the team : )
What We’re Looking For
You are a junior digital artist, most likely studying video games development at some kind of higher education, with the goal to become an artist in the video games industry.
You’re positive, persistent, love to learn new things and not afraid to ask questions (in fact we expect you to ask a lot of questions!). You understand the importance of feedback. You play games and have a strong passion for them!
- Open to learn new things
- Good understanding of Autodesk Maya
- Experience with agile development for games
- Good understanding of Adobe Photoshop
- A helpful and collaborative attitude
- You’ll be sitting with us at our office in Malmö
- Good understanding of working with sculpting or highpoly models
- A passion for creating environment art and props
- A love for stylized art
- Some experience working with rigging and animation
About The Internship
- This internship is mainly aimed at someone studying their final year, as part of their exam thesis or LIA. It could also be that you are graduating now in the spring of 2016. This is a perfect opportunity to tie in your exam project to a real games production!
- During the summer we’ll pay you a modest salary to cover your basics. When the autumn arrives you need to be able to finance yourself during the rest of the internship (a.k.a CSN if you apply for this internship as your exam project or LIA).
- Please note this internship is full time, so if you still got courses at your school during the fall of 2016 and/or spring of 2017 which are not exam projects or LIA, we advice you to finish your education instead.
Apply by sending us your CV and a portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org! Last day to apply for the position is on Sunday the 8th of May 2016. We’ll start processing the first submissions on the 28th of April, the day after we attend The Game Assembly’s Meet and Greet event, but we’re accepting applications up until the 8th of May.
Don’t forget we’re still looking for a programming intern, click here.